Any distillery or sales agent may enter domestic or imported spirits legally sold within the province of British Columbia.
Winning the Vancouver International Spirits Competition is meaningful and certainly impactful as it will have significant and direct impact on sales:
- The top three spirits will be selected from each category, of which, one spirit will be voted as the best in category. These winners will be published in a Vancouver’s Best Spirits Guide for consumers in the Vancouver Sun, and will also be available in a printable online format on the competition’s website. The feature in the Vancouver Sun will appear in the Arts & Lifestyle section, the same section as Anthony Gismondi’s wine column.
- Spirits will be assessed by a panel of carefully selected, highly regarded industry personnel with purchasing influence within the local market.
- Medallion graphics will be provided to all winners to use for promotional purposes.
- All winning spirits will receive exposure for one year on the Vancouver International Spirits Competition website. The online exposure will feature the spirit name, a short description, a bottle shot and a link to where it can be purchased.
- Links to the results page on the competition’s website will be shared out on various online media platforms, for maximum coverage.
- Shelf talkers will be created and available to agents for promotional opportunities with liquor stores.
- Advertisements will be placed in the Vancouver Sun leading up to the release of the results to build anticipation and awareness.
- A limited number of special rate advertisement opportunities will be provided within the results feature as well as on the results page on the festival website.