Entry Qualifications and Conditions
- Any spirit legally sold within the province of British Columbia may be entered.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per producer.
- Spirits may not be entered more than once within the same year, even if it is marketed under different labels.
- Spirits entered in previous or other competitions are welcome.
- The Vancouver International Spirits Competition reserves the right to photograph and reproduce any product entered in the Competition, in print materials or on the Vancouver International Spirits Competition website, for use by the competition. Each entrant agrees to this condition at the time of entry.
- A technical data sheet and bottle image will be required for all winning spirits for publication purposes.
- Each spirit entered into the competition will be subject to an entry fee (price is per entry, not per bottle submitted for sampling). Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Any entries that have outstanding entry fees at the close of consolidation will not be entered into the competition. It will be the responsibility of the distillery or sales agent to retrieve the samples from the Vancouver International Spirits Competition at their own expense.
- A minimum of two 750ml (or four 375ml) bottles must be submitted for samples.
- Entries must be of marketable quality from a commercial batch.
- All entries must be finished, in their final container and sealed with the final seal.
- Temporary labels may be applied to the final container but must include legal information and lot numbers.
- Entries must not contain any illegal additives.
- The applicant will submit the spirit under the corresponding category. However, the Chief Judge reserves the right to alter categories in the best interest of the entry or in event of error.
- Submitted samples become the property of the Vancouver International Spirits Competition and will not be returned.
Entry Process, fees and payment
- Entries can be submitted online through the designated link below. Entries in any other form than the online system will not be accepted.
- All subject fields in the entry form must be completed.
- All entries during the early entry period will be charged $200 (CDN) plus applicable taxes per spirit entry.
- Entries submitted after the early entry period and before the closing date will be charged $225 (CDN) plus applicable taxes per spirit entry.
- Visa, MasterCard or American Express will be accepted through and electronic payment system. Cheques or cash will not be accepted.
- Entry fees will not be refunded should the required samples fail to be delivered by the deadline, or if spirits have outstanding duty, taxes or importation fees owing.
- If payment is not made in full by the consolidation deadline, the submitted spirits will not be entered into the competition. It is the responsibility of the distillery or sales agent to retrieve the rejected samples at their own expense.
- Two 750ml (or four 375ml) bottles must be received at the consolidation point between Monday March 13 and Friday March 17, 2017 (9am-5pm).
- Only spirits that have cleared customs and have had all duty, taxes and importation fees paid by the distillery or agent will be accepted. Any Spirits shipped from outside Canada with duty, taxes or importation fees owing will not be accepted or submitted to the competition.
- Courier and delivery charges are the responsibility of the distillery or sales agent. Vancouver International Spirits Competition will not be held responsible for any lost or damaged items due to shipping or delivery. It is the responsibility of the distillery, or sales agent to ensure that all items are properly packaged to withstand shipping.
- It is the responsibility of the sales agent/agency to clear all items shipped from outside Canada through customs. Vancouver International Spirits Competition will not clear any items through customs.
All samples must be received at the consolidation point between Monday March 13 and Friday March 17, 2017 (9:00am-5:00pm).
607 – 402 West Pender