The Vancouver International Spirits competition is back in its second year! This elite competition is the only professional judging of international and domestic spirits of its magnitude in British Columbia (BC). Judged by BC’s top industry professionals, this competition provides the opportunity to promote spirits to consumers, top industry experts, trade and media who influence trends and buying decisions within British Columbia.
Results of the competition will be unveiled in May 2017 in the Vancouver Sun. Additionally, results will be promoted through strategic online ad placement which will drive readers to the full results listed on the competition’s website. Here, consumers will also find a printable buying guide to use when purchasing spirits. This exposure will create an engaging and extensive reach to British Columbia consumers offering a reference guide specific to BC that is not currently available anywhere else. Further to this, winning spirits will be featured weekly on the competition website through fantastic recipes, crafted by the competition’s esteemed judges, making it easy for consumers to enjoy these spirits at home.
Benefits of participating in competition:
- 90+ retail liquor stores participated in promoting last years’ program in their stores
- 3+ new listings brought in per store from the top 100 list
- 156,000+ reader reach through publication in the Vancouver Sun
- Marketing program extended in both private and BC Liquor Stores as a result of the program’s sales success
- New high resolution medallion imagery to be provided to winning spirits to use in marketing their product